Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a little late

It has been a little quiet on my blog lately!! We've had lots of family in town the last little bit, and have enjoyed all the time we've had with my husband family and some of mine!!

I started this fun little pinwheel pillow back in November for the Savvy Seasons swap, but ended up going in another direction. I set it aside for awhile but got it done right before Christmas so we could still enjoy it. I really love how it turned out and how it has just a little touch of winter to it.

To make the pinwheel blocks I used the Lil' Twister tool!! It was sure a fun way to make them. All you do is use 5 inch charm squares (I cut my own), and then sew them as a patchwork. Then you take the tool and place it on the seams and rotary cut around it, and voila you have your blocks for the pinwheels.

I also got our Little Miss Winter all finished up right before Christmas too. I did a few adjustments to the pattern, but am thinking I need to do a few more before I post a tutorial. So hang in there...it will come. :)

I also added a cute little crochet flower and button as a little hair piece. I wish I would have thought of that for my first one. For the lace I used some vintage lace that came off a sheet!! :)

Now that we are back to a normal schedule, it will be nice to get more sewing done! At least I hope so. :)

Happy Tuesday, my friends!!

17 comments:

  1. The return to normal is such a pleasant thing after the holidays...bitter sweet and some how comforting....like a cup of hot chocolate.

    Love your makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling. I took a class and made a small quilt with that tool. Love the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pillow pattern, I've contemplated making it before. Seeing yours has convinced me I should!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my Lil twister and just finished 2 baby blankets for nieces using it :) I love you pillow, the colors are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Little Miss Winter has stolen my heart! i can't wait to see a tutorial!! she looks perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cushion is gorgeous, I have never seen anything like this before!

    And what an absolute doll! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillow turned out so gorgeous. I'm looking forward to that Little Miss Winter tute too. Maybe I could get her done in time for next Christmas :) Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable doll and lovely pillow! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a delightful colour palette. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your doll! I can't wait for the tutorial. I haven't seen this tool so I am going to have to find one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pillow is perfect! Love the fabric! I just got a twister ruler that I am excited to try, I have seen so many cute things made with them. Your little doll is a cutie,too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks so pretty. I love the Twister designs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The twister can be very addicting, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bought that tool, too! Adorable pillow! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Little miss Winter is beautiful i adore your use of fabrics and colours for her so cute. Your cushion is gorgeous love those colours to and the edging. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I just find your Blog and I am really impressed! I will pop in more often. Warmest regards Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! I've wanted to try out that twisted pattern forever. I have a question on your pillow below. Do you have a pattern that you used? Did you use the paper piecing? I thought I saw something for that in your shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!