Tuesday, January 17, 2012

a shabby pinwheel quilt

This month on !Sew WE Quilt! they have the theme "Tool Time". I'm a guest blogger tomorrow and will be sharing a simple tutorial of my favorite quilting tool, and can you guess what I chose!?! I'm sure you know what my favorite new tool is... the Lil' Twister (I'm out of them now in my shop, but you can find there here). Yep, I'm sure you were right!! :)

I had lots of fun making a fun little lap quilt with most all of Atsuko Matsuyama's fabrics...also a new favorite!! Oh, simply some of the prettiest fabrics, how can you not love them!! And, it was perfect timing as I got my first shipment of her fabrics for the shop!! Yep, I did say first, so there will be more soon.

I used 42, 5 inch squares, so this would be perfect for a charm pack!!

I did a few borders in some Moda Bella solids and the aqua is Astuko Matsuyama's Elegant Bouquet.

A close up of the quilting.

The binding is the new flower sugar, floral stripes in red, and the backing is a soft vintage sheet!!


I have to share one of my favorite, Hey Girls!! If you haven't seen them they are the funniest!! My hubby and I have had quite the laughs over them!! As I had my hubby holding the quilt up like usual this one came to mind as it is a favorite. :)


Make sure to stop by !Sew WE Quilt! tomorrow and say Hi to me!! :)

Hope you have a fabulous day, my friends!!


17 comments:

  1. Aren't those the coolest lil' tools! I made a quilt last year using one and it's so much fun!

    Your quilt, as always, is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keri,
    I am so inspired by your talents. I love seeing everything that you create. I have been following your blog for some time now and have ordered several times from your etsy shop---I thought it was finally time to say HELLO. :) I too love to create cloth dolls but I have yet to attempt a large quilt. My mom quilts and has been encouraging me for years. I think I may be ready :) I had to smile at your "Hey girl" photo. Just a few days ago I post one on my blog--they do bring a smile.
    Fondly,
    Mimi Panormios
    dandelionwishes-mimi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pinwheel quilt! The fabrics are so beautiful!

    Have you finished your Farmer's Wife quilt? I modeled mine after your fabric choices and I have 17 blocks done so far. It is a lot of fun to choose the fabrics to make each block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty quilt! I love the soft vintage sheet actually the most. It always reminds me of staying with Grandma over the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh....this is just beautiful....what a fantastic job you have done....Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just left Sew We Quilt. Your quilt is adorable. I can't wait to bust out a Charm pack I had for a different project, but wasn't as motivated to do it..So now.. I am on a mission. Thanks for a great Tut.. I love Sew We Quilt. Awesome ideas all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this quilt. Just beautiful. I normally check out SewWeQuilt first thing in the morning but haven't been there yet today. Now I'll have to check it out before too much more of the day goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this! i love the aqua border!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that quilt is awesome and the quilting is perfect! xo amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your quilt. so pretty. i think i need to get one of those twister tools. great job on another darling quilt :)

    amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely stunning quilt, i'm so inspired by it
    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful...you inspire me...... I started my first hexi last night....from the tutorial youlinked to in 2010..Not brave enough for pinwheels...yet, but I also never thought I would do a hexi. Who knows maybe one day I would to a real quilt. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, Kerri! I love those fabrics so much and the quilt is just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this perfectly charming little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt!!! I absolutely love it!!
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh such pretty colors. You did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you like the "Hey, Girl" post! I had fun making them (my husband got a chuckle out of a few of them...they hit close to home). :) Just stopped by your blog, and your projects are great. Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!