Monday, May 7, 2012

petite petal pocket pillow

Thanks so much for all your sweet comments on my petal pocket pillow! Reading all your kind words really does brighten my days! :) Yesterday we had a fun little birthday party for my sweet adorable niece that is turning 2. I get to see her a couple times a week so we are quite attached to this little one! She is the cutest! Here is a post when she turned one. On Saturday I whipped up a mini petal pocket pillow so it would be a perfect size for her to carry around. It is a 16 inch pillow instead of 20 inches like my other one. I photo copied the pattern and reduced it by 20%.


I love the pretty blanket of petals that cover the ground this time of year.  It only lasts for a short time, so it is fun to see it with the petal pocket pillow. 


The sweet matryoshka doll is one I've had for some time from Emily of Ravenhill.  Her shop was a favorite, and sure do miss it!! 


All the fabrics are Lecien except the background fabric is Essex Linen in Natural (I have more on order that should be here later this month).  The petals are the Old New 30's, and the center pocket is Folk Heart.


I did some simple hand stitching for the quilting with some bright turquoise DMC floss, and the binding is a Lecien pink and red polka dot.


It was a fun one to whip up and loved working with the Old New 30's again!!  Definitely a new favorite!! I hope you had a lovely week-end too, and enjoy your week.  Hugs!


10 comments:

  1. The mini is even more adorable than the first, which I didn't think was possible. You have one lucky little niece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Wish you were my kids auntie too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, and absolutely perfect!! Love the sweet matryoshka doll!! Have a lovely week Kerri!! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet, I know my daughter would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable and cute!! Hope you have a wonderful week! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. What little girl wouldn't want to have a little doll tucked into a beautiful pillow to take places with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would just have loved something like this when I was little - in fact, wouldn't say no if I got one now! Soooo sweet! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your blog! And that pillow is THE cutest thing I have seen in a long time! Thanx for the project idea! Your talent is a-mazing!

    www.booilley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pillow is so adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog!! Your sweet comments are always cherished, and truly make my days brighter! I ♥ reading each and every one!! Hugs!